In general the benefits of a weight loss have been proven, among them there is the great benefit of the prevention of the emergence of certain conditions that are very debilitating and harmful for health such as diabetes, heart diseases, obesity, and weight loss provides a quality of life to the individual.
Obesity and overweight at severe levels shorten life expectation of patients and the increments on weight produce negative repercussions for health that is without mentioning the psychological problems caused by overweight: social relation problems, low self-esteem, rejection and job discrimination among others. Considering economic costs, overweight and diseases related to it can reach an amount of money of about two billions of Euros. The treatment for obesity is very difficult to apply; additionally the results on long terms are scarce with a recovery of the weight that has been lost in most of the cases.
In any case, regardless the difficulties that a weight loss program represents, a person should not give up in the search of a healthier lifestyle. Obesity and overweight are becoming an epidemic on developed countries.
Who should be considering a weight loss program
It is easy to say that every person would be better with some pounds less, but the fact is that keeping the right weight is not that simple given the differences between the organisms from one person to another. For the same reason different methods can be used given the characteristics of the person. A complete exploration must be done with relation to details like habits, surrounding, and the clinical history of the patient.
The most valuable criteria to define the overweight degree of a person, is the BMI (Body mass index: weight in kg/height in squared meters). Measures to be taken according to the calculation of BMI are the following:
- A BMI value less than 25 kg/m2: in these cases is not justified in general terms the adoption of a weight loss treatment.
- Overweight of first degree (BMI value in the interval of twenty five and twenty seven kilograms per squared meters): from the medical point of view what should be done in this case is to control alimentation, having an exercise routine, and periodic clinical controls, the adoption of those measures will be enough to maintain a regular weight.
- Pre-obesity or overweight of second degree (BMI value in the interval comprised by the values of twenty seven and thirty kilograms per squared meters): the first measure is to have a doctor’s appointment to have a health evaluation, if weight is stable then the distribution of fat will be uniform and homogeneous and there shouldn’t be factors of risk associated, the adoption of a weight loss program would be optional. If any of those conditions is not met, the patient must be treated in order to achieve a weight loss of five to ten percent of body weight and after that it is very important to keep the weight stable.
The following groups have implicit the condition of having a doctor’s appointment and medical treatment for weight loss through every mean that is available: physical activity, diet, modification of life habits, and pharmacologic treatment:
- Obesity of first degree (BMI value in the interval of thirty and thirty five kilograms per squared meters): it is advisable the stable diminution of ten percent of body weight in about six months.
- Obesity of second degree (BMI value between thirty five and forty kilograms per squared meters): the loss of ten percent of body weight is the minimum goal that has to be achieved.
- Obesity of third and fourth degree (BMI value over forty kilograms per squared meters): in these cases the loss of ten percent of body weight always difficult to achieve would represent a remarkable improvement, but insufficient.
What can do for you some weight loss?
Considering the complications gathered if weight is not controlled on time, it would be wise to search for medical advice at the moment that a person finds is gaining more weight than the desired. The benefits of losing weight are many.
The risks for heart diseases are higher in people affected by overweight and obesity. Besides, high blood pressure or hypertension is twice more common on obese adults than in those people that maintain a healthy weight. Obesity is also associated to a high percentage of fat in blood and reduced “good” cholesterol. If a person loses between five and fifteen percent of body weight reduces the chances of developing heart diseases and suffering a heart attack, of course to know when to lose weight it is advisable to take as a reference the BMI value. The loss of weight can also enhance blood pressure, levels of cholesterol and triglycerides.
A gain of weight of about five to fifteen percent of weight increases the risk of developing diabetes of type two as twice than those who have and maintain a healthy weight. There is a direct link between overweight and diabetes: more than eighty percent of people with diabetes are also affected by obesity and overweight. This additional weight can be decreased by the adoption of an exercise routine, changes on diet and the incorporation of Lipobind treatment.
Investigations have also shown that obesity and overweight are associated to the increment on the risk of the emergence of certain types of cancer; these include endometrial cancer, colon cancer, prostate cancer, and kidneys cancer. In the same way women that develop overweight increase their risk of being affected by postmenopausal breast cancer compared with women who haven’t gain additional weight.
Lipobind: an excellent option to lose weight
Lipobind is a very effective formula designed to help in a healthy weight loss, it is habitually used for weight loss treatment on most of the cases, and it helps on weight loss by means of the blockage of the absorption of fats that are included on meals and foods. Now it is available in a totally new, improved and effective formula.